Are you feeling suicidal, harming yourself (e.g. pulling hair, cutting, etc) or being bullied, in domestic violence, or at risk to yourself or to another person?
If Yes, contact and receive support from a Helpline you know, or from one of the organizations below.
(a) UK Residents:
- Samaritans: 08457 909090. (24-hour crisis line for people contemplating harming themselves).Website: http://www.samaritans.org/.
- Saneline: 0300 304 7000, 07984 967 708 (practical information, crisis care and emotional support). 4.30 pm to 10.30 pm on weekdays and weekends including Bank Holidays.
- Our GP: If you need to, contact your GP on their phone number during your surgery working hours.
- Google the Single Point of Access Crisis Helpline in your Borough of residence and ask for help 24 hours /seven days.
- NHS Direct: 24 hours a day on 0845 4647.
- NHS 111: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For urgent medical problems.
- NHS 111 British Sign Language if you are Deaf and wants a phone service:
- Carers in Mind: If you are a carer for someone with a mental health problem and feel you could do with some support: telephone 020 8940 7384 Email: email@example.com
- 999 Emergency: If you have or feel you are suicidal or about to harm yourself, or harm someone else, phone 999.
- Accident and Emergency (A & E) Unit: You can go to A & E department nearest to your location. If you call 999, the call handler shall tell you the nearest A & E that will assist you.
- Homeless, 0808 800 4444. homeless.org.uk/
- MIND, 0300 123 3393. mind.org.uk
- CHILDLINE, 0800 1111. childline.org.uk/
- Alcoholics Anonymous – 0845 769 7555. Website: http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/;
- Carers support – 0808 808 7777. Website: http://www.carersuk.org.
- No Panic – Helpline 0808 808 0545. Support for people who experience panic attacks, and those with phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder, general anxiety disorder and who are withdrawing from tranquillisers. (10 am-10 pm every day). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: nopanic.org.uk
- Citizens Advice Bureau – 01392 425 517. Website: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Website: http://www.cruse.org.uk.
- Rape Crisis England and Wales. 0808 802 9999. Website: http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk.
- Bristol Crisis Service For Women (BCSW) – Helpline 0117 925 1119. National helpline for women in distress, especially women who self-harm. Open Friday and Saturday evenings 9 pm to 12.30 am and Sundays 6pm to 9pm.
- Support Line – 0208 554 9004. A confidential helpline providing emotional support to individuals of any age on any Support line also has a data base of local services. Ring for helpline opening hours. You can also e-mail on email@example.com.
- 42nd Street – Helpline 0161 832 0170. A mental health service in Manchester for young people aged 14 – 25. Their helpline offers support and advice, particularly around suicide and self injury. Open weekdays from 12.30 pm to4.30 pm. www.fortysecondstreet.org.uk
- Nightline (for University students) National organisation of NightLine student helplines in Universities across the Visit the website to find out if your Uni has one. www.nightline.ac.uk
- Contact your friends, family members, next of kin, and your local Accident and Emergencies in your country.